Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 19 & 20 & 21 Report - P90x Insanity Weight Lifting Hybrid Program

     Day 19: Friday I only did my weight lifting workout. Missed Insanity Cardio Recovery this morning. I also missed the p90x legs/back workout. Real life effects everyones life that isn't doing this as a full time profession. So I resign to the fact that I represent "the WORKING CLASS!". lol. I purposely missed the legs/back because my forearms hurt so bad from lifting today. I didn't want to risk putting anymore pressure on them with weight.
     In hind site, I should have done it for the burn and used zero weights. I'll post a POST Week view of my workouts with results on Monday to tighty this up. With that said, I schedule light cardio before my weight days because I want to maximize my energy levels on that day for chest/traps or lats. Remember, my goal is to add mass using p90x, chest/traps weight training and insanity to help keep body fat low with high impact cardio several times a week. I also modify legs to be just legs with light back work. When I read about how initially p90x legs wasn't long enough they threw in back to make it a complete workout, I felt resolved about focusing more on legs than back. I typically add more weight and low reps on the legs to simulate a "squat" type workout. I am going to modify it further as the program progresses through to day 60 and day 90, going for more "squat" type workouts added and less back workouts. The back routines will be more and more focused on in the chest/traps/lats weight workouts for that day.
     Day 20: Rest Day. I always try and either take the whole day off or get intensity level 2 only workouts. Was scheduled for Abs, but pushed it to Sunday.

     Day 21: Did yard work all day. If you live in Alabama in the dead of summer you know that's a workout all by itself. Skipped Insanity Pure Cardio. At this point still shy about doing anything physical until forearms stop hurting. I should see a slight increase in weight or body fat percent. Almost three days of no real hard core cardio or HIIT. I'm ok with this, one of the days was a scheduled rest anyways so no biggie to the overall game plan. Gaining mass has less cardio so I'm not afraid. Just can't let gaining body fat cloud my overall goal. Resist the fear of body fat!



Day 19 Workout(s):

WEIGHT LIFTING: Chest/Traps (Lunch)

Pre Supplement:p90x Recovery Drink w/ Glutamine, Arginine, BCAA
Jack 3D 2 scoops
During Workout Supplement:
p90x Recovery Drink
Post Workout: Immediately Following:
p90x Recovery Drink


Modifications:
- went back to 4 sets instead of three. Final set is a Drop Set of about 30% less weight than 3rd set weight.

Routine:

Bench Chest, Decline Chest, Incline Chest, Shoulder Shrugs
Hear Rate:
Total Time: 30 minutes
Average HR: ?
Peak HR: 151
Minimum HR: 84
Calories Burned: 250


Day 20 Workout(s):
Rest Day - no workouts

Day 21 Workout(s):

INSANITY ABS: (Lunch)

Pre Supplement:
p90x Recovery Drink
During Workout Supplement:
p90x Recovery Drink
Post Workout: Immediately Following:
p90x Recovery Drink


Modifications:
None
Hear Rate:
Total Time: 16 minutes
Average HR: 115
Peak HR: 153
Minimum HR: 87
Calories Burned: 148

No comments:

Post a Comment