Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week 5 Begins - P90x Insanity Weight Lifting Hybrid Program

Going into week 5 now. This is the rest week for INSANITY. After doing the Core Cardio & Balance I will say that it's not much of a rest. I had given the Core Cardio a level 1 for intenisty, but after doing it changed it to a level 3. I then re-arranged the week once I knew of the intensity level. I like the idea of HIIT as a fat burner. It's short intervals that won't eat up as much muscle as long straight cardio workouts. I should have used more INSANITY Plyometric Circuit than Pure Cardio. Pure Cardio has no breaks so you're just put the stress on the muscles longer, like it's name implies, it's pure cardio. Plyometric Circuit has rest periods but still burns as many calories if not more than pure cardio. It has the feel of HIIT workouts but is a MAX Interval routine. With this in mind, I will definetly have more MAX Interval based cardio going forward.
I took out 3 of the INSANITY Core Cardio routines, and P90X Kenp-X. Trying to stick with MAX Interval or Interval type cardio.

Overall Report:
My overall measurments are about the same after a week of all cardio based routines. My starting body fat was at 13.9% and is now 14.59%. I have gained 3lbs of muscle so far and 2lbs of fat. I think that's pretty good for 4 weeks. That's almost a pound a week which is really good. My measurements are about the same as last week, but I cut some body fat since last week. Down about .05%. The cardio paid off and didnt lose much if any on the size. Shoulder measurements up by almost .45". Could be measuring mishap. I'll know more next week when I measure again. Going great.

5th Week Routines Modified: Click To Enlarge


5th Week Routines As Is: Click To Enlarge



5th Week Measurements:

Starting Week 1 Weight: 149lbs.
Starting Week 1 Avg. Body Fat:13.9%

Weight: 155.2lbs.
Body Fat Avg:14.5925% Average from the following:
P90x Spread Sheet14.68%
http://www.linear-software.com/online.html14.69%
http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi (navy)14.68%
http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi (YMCA)14.32%

•Neck: 15.125" -
•Shoulder(circumference): 45.125" +
•Chest: 37.375" - (i cut some fat and no weight workouts last week?)
•Waist: 32.125" -
•Abdomen: 32.125" -
•Hips: 36.125" -
•Thigh: 21.75" -
•Knee 14.51"
•Calf: 14.75" -
•Ankle: 8.25" - (seriously down?)
•Arm: 14.5" - (i cust some fat and no weight workouts last week?)
•Forearm: 11.75" - (seriously down?)
•Wrist: 6.75" -
•Waist-Hip Ration 0.88927336 +

No comments:

Post a Comment