Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 22 to Day 28 Report - P90x Insanity Weight Lifting Hybrid Program

     I like to blog each and every day but this week was full of real life scenarios. This is good considering that when people follow the hybrid, "real life" will probably sneak into it.

     This week was P90X recovery week. I pretty much stuck to a straight week of INSANITY with only one modification. I was getting a little to much body fat and my wrists were still sore from last weeks weight lifting. NOTE: If you are ok with your body fat percent then add chest/lat/traps weight lifting on THURSDAY for the INSANITY workout and combine with REST DAY, Cardio Recovery move to FRIDAY then finish with SATURDAY Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs, SUNDAY with Plyometric Circuit.

     As I mentioned above I did make one modification. I added in my weighted abs routine on THURSDAY. I changed it up a bit. See below routine for a better description. WOW! My abs were sore for 2-3 days post workout! I have decided to keep doing the INSANITY Cardio Ab routines, but add in one day of weighted abs using my new technique. It takes much less time and seems to really punish the abs. I think this is a good point to change up the weighted abs to less time and more weight/intense elements. Ab Confusion! I will carry this line of thought through to the end. This would produce the effect of an ab build up over time. Beginning in phase 1 with INSANITY Cardio Abs and my 1st phase weighted ab routines twice a week, then into a second phase using INSANITY Ab routines, with just one day of my 2nd phase weighted ab routines. 2nd phase being different routines, and some added weight on particular routines. I plan to draw up a phase map this week to simplify it visually for everyone.

Day 22 Monday Workout(s):
     Was sick this day with sinus. The workout actually made me feel better. This is the night I only got one hour of sleep. Not sure why.

INSANITY Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs(PM)
Time: 55 minutes - Average HR: 144 - Peak HR: 173 - Min HR: 87
Calories Burned: 776

Day 23 Tuesday Workout(s):
     On only 1 hour sleep I was still able to >#BRINGIT! Yes, coffee was involved.
INSANITY Cardio Power and Resistance(PM)
Time: 41 minutes - Average HR: 152 - Peak HR: 175 - Min HR: 95
Calories Burned: 639

Day 24 Wednesday Workout(s):
     Third day of straight cardio. Weight decrease noticed. Monday was at 158.2lbs, today at 154.2. Cals monitored to about 3100-3300 a day. Still slightly ill. Could tell in the workout. Thank you p90x Recovery Drink for getting me through.
INSANITY Plyometric Cardio Circuit(PM)
Time: 44 minutes - Average HR: 150 - Peak HR: 178 - Min HR: 94
Calories Burned: 637

Day 25 Thursday Workout(s):
     Oon this day I did a new weighted ab routine as described above.
HYBRID Weight Phase 2 Ab Routine(LUNCH)
Time: 30 minutes - Average HR: 133 - Peak HR: 160 - Min HR: 101
Calories Burned: 380

Pre Supplement:
Few sips of P90X Recovery Drink w/ Glutamine, Arginine, BCAA
Jack 3D - 2 scoops by itself

During Workout Supplement:
P90X Recovery Drink mixture
Post Workout: Immediately Following:
Drink rest of P90X Recovery Drink mixture.

Routines:
  • 1 Set - 50 Reps : IN OUTS (warm up)
    4 Sets - 10 pumps each on roll up - 0lbs/20lbs/15lbs/8lbs - V-UP ROLL UPS
  • 1 set(both sides) - 25 reps - OBLIQUE V-UPS 20lb dumbbell *not feeling this very much, may sub.
  • 1 set - 20 reps - DECLINE SIT UPS 25lb dumbbell
  • 1 set - 30 reps - DECLINE CRUNCH 10lb dumbbell
  • 1 set - 30 reps - HANGING KNEE LIFTS Go Slow with KNEES together entire movement, don't swing body.
  • 3 sets - 50 reps - 20lbs/25lbs/35lbs - WEIGHTED CRUNCHES

Day 26 Friday Workout(s):
     Abs on fire from yesterdays ab routine. SICK DAY! Sinus also on fire. Real LIFE! Missed PURE CARDIO and Cardio Abs.

Day 27 Saturday Workout(s):
     Abs are STILL SORE! WOW!
INSANITY Plyometric Cardio Circuit(PM)
Time: 41 minutes - Average HR: 153 - Peak HR: 174 - Min HR: 85
Calories Burned: 655

Day 28 Sunday Workout(s):
     Taking this as my REST DAY. Have to go into work. More REAL LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment