Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 31 Report - P90x Insanity Weight Lifting Hybrid Program

     I was still feeling some soreness in my chest from mondays chest routines (day 29). Nice. Two days later! I did my HYBRID Abs Routine today. I didn't get as many pumps on the WEIGHTED V-UP ROLL routine as I would have liked. I simply missed counted. So instead of 10 pumps it was 4 pumps. The next day I noticed my abs weren't as sore as when I had done this same routine the week before on Day 25. The difference inthe WEIGHTED V-UP ROLL up routines made all the difference in soreness. I'll kick it up a knotch next week and go for 8-10 pumps. I love that routine!
    Back and Bicep that night. Wrist felt good. I made sure I focused on not bending them or injuring them on each press/pump. The key was to really grip the dumbbells tight. Once I started doing that the stress on my wrist seemed to be greatly reduced and the pumps were way more intense. Love learning! Change is where it's at!
    Pull ups didn't go so well, so I reduced back down to 5lb weighted backpack, and on some just did them plain, but SUPER SLOW.
    Still not liking the new adjustable dumbbells on bicep nights. Great for benching with, but not so much for biceps. I got them for around $169.00 from Academy Sports. It could be that it is the fact that they are to wide. They tend to brush my sides when doing curls and such which I don't like. This maybe true for any adjustable I get.
    Did'nt like my performance on pull ups with 5lb weightin backpack. Will either reduce usage further or leave same and see next set of pull ups.

Daily Calorie Intake:
3370

Day 31 Workout(s):
HYBRID Weight Phase 2 Ab Routine (lunch)

Routines:
  • 1 Set - 50 Reps : IN OUTS (warm up)
    4 Sets - 4 pumps each on roll up - 0lbs/20lbs/15lbs/8lbs - V-UP ROLL UPS
  • 1 set(both sides) - 30 reps - OBLIQUE V-UPS 15lb dumbbell *focused more than lastime on pumps and legs and really pushing weight straight up. Felt it this time. +5 reps.
  • 1 set - 20 reps - DECLINE SIT UPS 25lb dumbbell
  • 1 set - 32 reps - DECLINE CRUNCH 15lb dumbbell. +5lbs, +2reps.
  • 1 set - 32 reps - +2reps.HANGING KNEE LIFTS Go Slow with KNEES together entire movement, don't swing body.
  • 3 sets - 50 reps - 25lbs/30lbs/35lbs +5lbs on 1st 2 sets. - WEIGHTED CRUNCHES

Hear Rate:
Total Time: 34 minutes
Average HR: 126
Peak HR: 157
Minimum HR: 83
Calories Burned: 372

P90X: Back And Bicep (evening)

Pre Supplement: P90X Results and Recovery Formula(few gulps) mixed with BCAA, Glutamine,Arginine,Creatine
JACK 3D 2 Scoops

During Workout Supplement:
P90X Results and Recovery Formula(few gulps)

Post Workout: Immediately Following:
P90X Results and Recovery Formula(drank rest in bottle)

Modifications:
5 lb. weight in back pack on the following pull ups:
  • Wide Front Pull-Ups
  • Switch Grip Pull-Ups
  • Chin Ups
  • Max Rep Pull Ups

Hear Rate:
Total Time: 1:10 minutes
Average HR: 125
Peak HR: 160
Minimum HR: 50
Calories Burned: 766

No comments:

Post a Comment