Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 10 Report - P90x Insanity Weight Lifting Hybrid Program

Did Pure Cardio this A.M. Man that workout is just how it reads. PURE CARDIO! That will get your heart pounding in the morning for sure. Took in mad amounts of calories today. It was way over 3000 cals. I followed up that night with P90x Shoulder and Arms. Love that workout. My arms swelled by 3/4 inches after. This is why body builders scream about getting recovery drinks/supplements into the blood stream asap after workout. Your muscles are screaming absorption at that point. Get that recovery/supplement into those veins. I drink p90x recovery drink during the workout and slam the rest as soon as the cool down starts.
Body is holding up good on this weeks workouts. Like the weekly program arrangement. Seems to workout good, but think I may add more rest post Bench Workout schedule for tomorrow.
Like my weight right now. Today was 151.8lbs. Started at 145lbs about a week and a half ago.
Going for muscle mass here. I know the cardio may kill it, but I want to see if I can get the resting post workouts and high calorie intake can make the difference.
Looking for all comments to help me nail this down!
J
Day 10 Workout(s):

INSANITY: Pure Cardio

Pre Supplement: Protein Shake(mixed with 2tbs honey, 2 cups coffee) This is my morning ritual.
During Workout Supplement:
p90x Recovery Drink
Post Workout: Immediatly Following:
P90x Recovery Drink(drank rest in bottle)
High Complex-Carb breakfast 1 hour later

Modifications:
Any pushups were done on knees. All push ups are done using p90x or weight lifting.
Hear Rate:
Total Time: 39 minutes
Average HR: 147
Peak HR: 174
Minimum HR: 92
Calories Burned: 571

P90x: Shoulders & Arms
Pre Supplement: None
During Workout Supplement:
p90x Recovery Drink
Post Workout: Immediatly Following:
P90x Recovery Drink(drank rest in bottle)
High Complex-Carb Dinner 1 hour later

Modifications:
Any 16 set reps were done with MINIMUAL weight, to conserve energy for better pumps/weight on other arm/shoulder routines.
Hear Rate:
Total Time: 1:12 hour
Average HR: 120
Peak HR: 154
Minimum HR: 81
Calories Burned: 723

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is intense! I really need to get a heart rate monitor. What kind do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's a timex. I think I got it for about $65 off amazon. I'll post a link to it when I get home.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. myork - here is the womens version of my watch. Timex T5H881 Zone Trainer Digital Heart Rate Monitor
    http://amzn.to/aJ0RPP

    Halla with questions!
    J

    ReplyDelete