Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 8 Report - P90x Insanity Weight Lifting Hybrid Program

ARGH! Missed my insanity workout this a.m. My alarm decided sabotage my workout! Oh, well. Did P90x Chest/Back later that night. Again, subbed out certain push ups for what I consider a cooresponding bench routine. I upped my weight about 5lbs on most all the bench routines, and kept that 5lb weight in the backpack for all the pull ups again. Got some Life Smart adjustable 50lb dumbbells from Academy Sports. They were 179.99 and I had a $10 off coupon. They tend to rotate in my hands when I'm benching. Didn't care for that to much. I hoping I will get used to them they save a ton of space.
Was one of the best at home chest workouts I've had. The whole thing took 1:11 minutes to complete. I could have done it under an hour but I paused a few times to give my forearms a rest.
Taking Day 9 off from both p90x and Insanity. Going to flush out the rest of the hybrid week out. Have to base it off of gaining mass and getting the required rest. I'm targeting mass on three primary areas in this order. Chest, Traps, and Lats. Chest days should be followed by the most rest. I plan on doing chest twice a week. One p90x version with bench substitution, and one regualar bench workout 4 days later. Post more tomorrow when I have it all flushed out. I'll also post last weeks routines.

P90x Chest/Back Modified

Pre Supplement: Jack 3d 1.5 scoops
During Workout Supplement: p90x Recovery Drink
Post Workout: Immediatly Following:
P90x Recovery Drink
High Complex-Carb Dinner 1 hour later

Modifications:
- with 5lb weighted back pack
- bench substitution for push ups(except standard)

Hear Rate:
Total Time: 1:11 minutes
Average HR: 123
Peak HR: 159
Minimum HR: 78
Calories Burned: 746

No comments:

Post a Comment