Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 7 Report - P90x Insanity Weight Lifting Hybrid Program

Did my modified 1 hour ab ripper x with weight workout this morning. Had to modify a few routines and made some workout sheets for it. Did a good bit of research on the top 10 ab routines based on some lab studies. Very interesting stuff. Subtracted a few routines to reduce repetatvie work and save time. Want it under an hour for sure if not more. Want the biggest bang for the buck.
That was followed up by a tough round of INSANITY PLYO! Because I'm doing p90x chest routines followed up by another night/day of pure bench routines, I do all INSANITY pushups on my knees.
I am also modifying the routines to squeeze as much rest out of yoga-x/cardio recovery combined with two days to rest. I'm creating a weekly plan that allows for as much rest as possible. So I will rearrange the days those accordingly. I'm going for mass as much as possible.
So far I have subbed in bench for all p90x pushups, based on the type of push ups. Use a backpack with weights in it for all pull ups. I also do things like put a dumbbell in my lap for dips. For legs and back, I used as much weight as possible for dips, and thus reduced the number. This will help with mass on my legs. Just have to be careful not to stress the knees out.

7 comments:

  1. Hey John, I would love to have a schedule of this and a copy of the ab routine if you done mind. Interested in gaining some mass myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lanny!
    It's still a work in progress. After I get it just right I'm going to run my coaches through it. I'll probably post the first draft on this blog or my site. I'm going to back post all the days up today so you can see how I modify for mass. Did you ever find and answer to the FB question we had floating around?
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, never found an answer. Going to ask someone else that I know has added it within the last month. Love to hear how the mass building schedule is going when you get a chance and also the abs/core routine. Thanks John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey John would you forward that ab workout/worksheet my way also. I would love to take a peak at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to run through it a few more times, then I should have something useful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a monster John. Keep going after it. I have an ab routine on youtube. Take a look at it and tell me what you think. http://bit.ly/9QAbgN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Workout Lanny! I like the door twists! You made me think about making sure the obliques are targeted and how much does twisting help over other types of ab movements. Care to google it with me. ;)
    John

    ReplyDelete