Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 15 Report - P90x Insanity Weight Lifting Hybrid Program

Rearranged the workout for this week to allow for more resting type routines before chest/back workouts. On the day before the chest/bench workouts I took the ligher cardios programs so my body wouldn't be so tired the next day. Rest is very important when trying to gain mass. I took a snap shot of this weeks routines. We will see how it goes. My body fat is down from it's original values by .5% and I have gained 4lbs. Last week I stopped doing the weight gainer slammer(1 scoop weight gainer(500cals) + 1/2 scoop oatmeal + 1 scoop protein powder) twice a day to once a day on cardio days, and twice a day on weight/resistance days. Felt like I was putting on to much weight to fast. I saw some weight spikes during the week. I've continued that through to this week.
Looks like once again I'm gaining weight and loosing body fat. My neck, and arm measurements were UP and my knee and calf measurements were down. I also topped out at a 32" waist. So that has moved a little. Over all I think it's going according to plan. Time will tell.
My fit test scores were pretty good. Way better than I thought. I predict next weeks may not be so good considering I lowered some of the cardio this week for rest. Again, this is a MASS BUILDING program, so the INSANITY cardio is there to POP that body fat into shape quickly since the routines are so calorie burning intense with less time. Felt good about the week. Ready to hit it hard.
Chest/Back was modified from week earlier a bit. Lost my heart rate stats. Reset without writing them down. :( Added 5lbs more to the backpack on pullups. Actually got more reps on pull ups than last week. HHmmm. Upped the weights some but not a lot generally. Still in the 10-12 on most. Will change that in a few weeks unless reps start hitting 13-15, then will adjust. Going with the same concept of reps/weights body building programs sometimes use over a 3-6 month period as far as that goes. More on that soon.


3rd Week Routines Modified: Click To Enlarge



3rd Week Routines Original: Click To Enlarge




3rd Week Measurements:

Day 15 - Week 3 Stats:
Starting Week 1 Weight: 149lbs.
Starting Week 1 Avg. Body Fat:13.9%

Weight: 154.8lbs.
Body Fat Avg:13.345% Average from the following:
P90x Spread Sheet12.58%
http://www.linear-software.com/online.html12.5%
http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi (navy)14.68%
http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi (YMCA)13.98%

•Neck: 15" +
•Shoulder(circumference): 44.85" +
•Chest: 37" +
•Waist: 32" +
•Abdomen: 32" +
•Hips: 35.95" +
•Thigh: 21.45" +
•Knee 14.45" -
•Calf: 14.75" -
•Ankle: 8.5"
•Arm: 14.45" +
•Forearm: 11.76" +
•Wrist: 6.75"
•Waist-Hip Ration 0.89012517


Day 15 Workout(s):

INSANITY: Fit Test (morning)

Pre Supplement: Protein Shake(mixed with 2tbs honey, 2 cups coffee) My morning SLAMMER. use coffee(ice) and honey (2tbsp) to increase protein/amino uptake into muscles to stop catabolism.
During Workout Supplement:
p90x Recovery Drink
Post Workout: Immediatly Following:
P90x Recovery Drink(drank rest in bottle)
High Complex-Carb breakfast 1 hour later(2 cups kashi cereal, 2 cups non-fat milk)

Modifications:
None
Hear Rate:
Total Time: 26 minutes
Average HR: 146
Peak HR: 175
Minimum HR: 103
Calories Burned: 374

Fit Test Results:
INSANITY: Fit Test RESULTS
1st week:
Switch Kicks #105
Power Jacks #46
Power Knees #85
Power Jumps #30
Glove Jumps #10
Suicide Jumps #14
Push-Up Jacks #22
Low Plank Oblique #60

I was exhausted about 1/2 way through. Can tell I really need to get my endurance up. Hope I had enough energy. Might need to look into that.

3rd week:

Switch Kicks #119 + 14
Power Jacks #53 + 7
Power Knees #111 + 26
Power Jumps #65 + 35
Glove Jumps #12 + 2
Suicide Jumps #17 + 3
Push-Up Jacks #30 + 8
Low Plank Oblique #75 + 15

Didn't feel the drain I felt in the first fit test. Liked my numbers overall. Was tired, but pushed through. Definetly could tell the difference between first week and third week. Nice



P90X: Chest/Back (evening)

Pre Supplement:Jack 3d 1.5 scoops
During Workout Supplement:

p90x Recovery Drink
Post Workout: Immediatly Following:
p90x Recovery Drink

Modifications:
- with 10lb weighted back pack
- bench substitution for push ups(except standard), some weight added and some lowered based on form. Really slowed down the pumps this night and felt it. Love this routine.

Hear Rate:
Total Time: 1:09 minutes
Average HR: ?
Peak HR: ?
Minimum HR: ?
Calories Burned: ?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are killing it! I might have to try Insanity when I get through P90x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank M! Doing my best and forgetting the rest! lol. How are you doing on the journey we call fitness?
    J

    ReplyDelete