Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 9 Report - P90x Insanity Weight Lifting Hybrid Program

Day 9 is a rest day. I just worked abs today at the local gym during lunch. I'm working on a modified Ab Ripper X using weights on the routines and some other ab workouts thrown in. One of the routines I am modifying is the V-Up Roll Up. I use a 15lb dumbbell and go straight up with it. Yeah, try it. Pretty tough to go straight up. Then touch it to your toes. Then when I am going back as the dumbbell gets right below my knee, coming toward my stomach, I raise my legs with it and keep my legs parallel to my arms until I get all the way up and do TWO consecutive v-up pumps and repeat. I do about 12 of those real slow. The two hard parts is going straight up, and pulling the feet up with the dumbbell as you begin to lie backwards from touching the toes.On the second pump of the v-up you should feel it burn. I modified it because I felt the crossed leg/wide sit-up takes to long an that it could easily be replaced with other routines that took less time and did the same type of job.

I spent that night working on sorting out how I was going to arrange the weeks workouts of p90x, Insanity, and one workout of weights. My main goal is to gain mass mainly on my chest, traps, and lats. The arm workouts seem to be taking care of themselves. With that in mind, I want ample rest after every chest/lat/trap workout I can get.

I took a bunch of sticky notes and put each of the 7 days on them including the days off. I then rated them by intensity to the body. This maybe different for each person depending on how much the "BRING IT" to a particular exercise. I took out p90x plyo all together. Insanity has enough cardio routines to choose from. I definetly didnt need one more plyo type workout in my routines since I am trying to bulk as much as possible. I stress as much as possible. With this much cardio my results may not be grandeous, but I think I will have enough and be cut enough to see a big difference. I also took out kenpo-x. I do my own ab routines based off ab ripper x as a base. So I sprinkle those in when I can. A minimum of three times a week for now.

This configuration will change from week to week since the routines for insanity change week to week. Mainly because they throw in the fit test every two weeks. I still need to evaluate the amount of rest I can get after doing the chest/back bench workout. Think I need more rest since the following monday. That only gives me two days of rest, unlike the four day rest I would like. I am thinking since the p90x chest/back workout is not as intense as the chest/back bench solo, I should switch the rest around where I get 4 days after the chest/back bench session, and two days rest on the p90x chest/back. I say this because the p90x chest/back has less sets. The chest/back bench session I do 3 sets with a drop set for chest(incline,decline,flat) and the same amount of sets for lats(back).
I still need to figure out a day for traps. I love heavy lifting on the traps! Not sure if I should do chest/lats/traps on the same bench session. We'll see.

Here is a pic of what I came up with. The bottom stickies are to be done in the A.M and the top at night. The bench workout on friday will be done at lunch:

Here is the original layout of the workouts:


Day 9 Workout(s):

P90x Ab Ripper X Modified:

Pre Supplement: None
During Workout Supplement: p90x Recovery Drink

Post Workout: Immediatly Following:
P90x Recovery Drink
High Complex-Carb Dinner 1 hour later

Modifications:
Multiple, Weighted Ab Workout
Hear Rate:
Total Time: 45 minutes
Average HR: 122
Peak HR: 156
Minimum HR: 88
Calories Burned: 467

No comments:

Post a Comment